Coaches Code of Ethics
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challanging for all my players; and refrain from swearing, and physical & emotional abuse.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the game and I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children not adults.
- I will treat other coaches, players, fans, and officials, with respect regardless of national origin, age, race, sex, creed, or ability.
Check out ASA Softball, the US Governing body provides the official ASA Code.
Please check out the Concussions Fact Sheet.
To Learn more about concussions, please look at this free training course: Concussion Training.